" For we are all sojourners before you, and tenants, as all our fathers were; our days on earth are like a shadow..." 1 Chronicles 29:15

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Something We'll Never Forget By Rachel Fagan


September 3rd, 4th and 5th was the Sojourner retreat in Mississippi. We were there to come more together as a group and to get some spiritual direction from the adults that went with us.
My favorite part of the retreat was when we Sojourners got to be together and share what God has been doing with us or speaking to us. I also really enjoyed just having fun and being together.
At the session "What Does God Want From Me Now" I felt like a lot of people really opened up about what they felt like God had spoken to them and it was very encouraging. Nikki said that God had been working on her about serving with a happy heart since her Nana was here and needed care. It was awesome because right after this, lunch had the theme "serving one another." We all had to serve someone else and not ourselves.
The Gathering on Sunday was awesome. We had so much fun dancing together and there was more sharing by the Sojourners. Ms. Faith brought something to encourage us all. She had written down each of our names and what our spiritual gifts were according to each person. I will just talk about mine. Ms. Faith said that I was free and also that I am a "forerunner" in our group. She said that I am willing to be the first to put my foot in and try things out. To me this means that I am an example to others, but the best leader is the one who is good at following.
This retreat, I believe, greatly encouraged all of us and I just thank God for the awesome time we had. It was indeed a trip we will never forget.

1 comments:

Lorie Pavao said...

Go get 'em, Tiger! :-)

Post a Comment