" For we are all sojourners before you, and tenants, as all our fathers were; our days on earth are like a shadow..." 1 Chronicles 29:15

Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Sojourners By Suzie Lemire

My friends, the Sojourners, just came together as a group. It is amazing, when I come to think of it, the change that has taken place within our group in the last few months. I think the change is due to all of our meetings together and all of the help we have been getting from the adults.
Six months ago it would not only have been awkward but also foreign to talk about God in a group setting. But now some people who never talk are starting to voice their opinions and say what they feel and think.
Six months ago, some of us were being separated from each other because the adults couldn’t trust us when we were together. Now we’re getting to do things that the groups above us never got to do at our age. Where I used to feel a gap between the boys and girls, I have freedom and friendship. The guys all feel so much more like brothers to me because they make me feel safe instead of awkward or flirty.
We are all learning how to control our emotions, form deeper relationships, talk about God more freely and to work together as a unit. I think God will be able to use us in big ways as a group. Our unity will be what sets apart and what God uses in us to make a difference.

1 comments:

Lorie Pavao said...

I love you Susie! Thanks for writing. I loved your description of the closing gap, leaving y'all free with each other. :-)

Post a Comment